Pimples and acne are two of the most annoying and prevalent skin problems. A good number of people have already found themselves in a situation where a red spot, ugly for that matter appears just a day prior to a very special event. The big question is can something be done to control this ugly situation?
The answer is yes; you just have to try some of these effective tips to get rid of acne.
1. By all means avoid touching your face
- A very simple yet effective tip- if you want a lovely looking nice, you have to stop touching it. While it may sound easy, you will definitely require some good luck wishes.
- Majority of people are not aware of how often they touch their faces. You must agree that hands form the primary tool for interacting directly with the world around us and the world is very dirty. You definitely want to keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.
- Since touching your face is at some point inevitable, try washing your hands regularly throughout the day.
2. How often do you wash your face?
- This is one of the simplest and yet effective ways of preventing breakouts. Grease and grime usually build up on your face throughout the day as well as cigarette smoke residue, air pollution and daily living winds.
- Ensure to take a moment to thoroughly but gently clean your face. - Be careful not to go overboard with the cleaning. Try washing your face twice a day.
- In the morning and at the end of the day. Always use a clean washcloth, some warm water as well as a cleanser or mild soap.
- This is yet another simple and effective mean of ridding your face off acne. Steaming can be helpful for treating acne since it assists in helping to open up the pores that in turn prevent them from getting clogged. It is also known for moisturizing and detoxifying your skin.
4. Consider your make up
- When trying to establish the cause of your acne breakouts, it is important for you to put your make-up into consideration. While make-up alone doesn't cause breakouts, it definitely does not help.
- Sometimes, you may notice increased facial blemishes when you are wearing a given brand or specific type of make-up. If this has been happening, you are better off switching brands or choosing make-up products that are labeled oil-free. Upon switching brands, give it a few weeks to check if you realize any differences. You will definitely require patience with this which is always lacking when the skin seems to be waging war against us. However, try it and you will realize how worthwhile it is in the end.
- Whatever you choose to use in the end, ensure to wash it off at the end of the day.
5. Benzoyl peroxide
- A lot of people who turned to benzoyl peroxide following acne breakouts attest to have received good results.
- Although there are prescriptions mostly for lotions and cleansers, you can easily obtain products with benzoyl peroxide over the counter.
- Be patient because it might take approximately three weeks before obtaining impressive results.
6. Seek the assistance of a dermatologist
- If the worst comes to worst and nothing seems to make your acne vanish, a dermatologist will come in handy. He or she will assess your situation and advise you accordingly.
Apply for your Ehic card as soon as possible as it will be very useful in such instances. The best thing is that you can apply online for free to help you receive healthcare at a lower charge.
Most of these tips are inexpensive in terms of money and time. Most importantly, they have to do with the choices we make on a daily basis and a little effort on our part.